South Windsor, CT
Up to 57k annually, based on experience
Black Horse Carriers, now the 13th largest Dedicated Fleet Provider in the U.S. offers you a place to call home, where you can grow professionally and be a part of something special. From Executive leadership on down throughout the company, we know the hard work of all our Employees is what fuels our success, and we are looking for a qualified, experienced Dock/Warehouse Supervisor to join our team in SOUTH WINDSOR, CT.
The purpose of this position is typically dedicated to an assigned area of responsibility within a terminal. The incumbent ensures that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver customer satisfaction. Individual will be working in a dynamic environment that focuses on delivering continuous measurable improvement to the customer. Shift time frame is 07:00pm until 4:00a.m. or completion of duties.
- Communicate and monitor work flow in support of managing loading/unloading of freight
- Conduct daily review of the freight tally sheet for accuracy regarding loading/unloading of freight for dealers’ delivery
- Handles general employee inquiries and solve problems
- Standardize and organize sortation lanes by route (striping, signage, etc.)
- Maintain a high level of serviceability and cleanliness of the cross dock and ensure that all OSHA standards are met ( i.e., fire extinguishers mounted, etc. )
- Communicate with Terminal Manager of shift activities
- Prepare and submit daily reports on shift operation
- Participate in the weekly management meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Shift hours must be flexible, base hours shift 19:00-04:00. Must be able/willing to adjust as needs arise
- Weekend shifts occasionally occur at a moments notice based on customer needs
Please email resume to: Michael.Humbertson@blackhorsecarriers.com
Safety sensitive positions, and other positions that Black Horse Carriers may from time to time deem appropriate, may be subject to a physical job demand assessment by an outside vendor designated by Black Horse Carriers. If the information contained below contradicts (or is in any way inconsistent with) the findings reached by Black Horse Carriers designated outside vendor relative to the physical demands of this position, the physical demand assessment conducted by the vendor shall govern and replace any inconsistent requirements listed below.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience with DOT, OSHA, and all related safety regulations required
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience required
- 1-3 Years of experience in transportation environment, (i.e.: Shipping, receiving and inventory management, distribution) required
- Strong Leadership skills and Team building experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Package is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Knowledge of warehouse and or software applications, routing and dispatch software systems preferred
- Work well under pressure in a fast pace and time sensitive environment.