Black Horse Carriers, the 13th largest Dedicated Fleet Provider in the U.S., has Full-Time, AM Shift dock worker positions available for immediate fill at our cross-dock facility in Lockport, IL.
- Full Benefits
- AM Shift $16.50hr
- Tuesday and Saturday off
- Team Environment Experience Required
- Pallet Jack Use and Freight Handling Required
- Manually handling and processing freight
- Excellent commitment to Attendance and Punctuality standards a MUST
Please read the description below for the day to day duties and requirements of the position.
**Loading trucks is a requirement of this position.**
- Must commit to maintain excellent attendance rating!!
- Must be on time to work!!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Load and unload trucks by hand in a time sensitive work environment
- MUST have commitment to maintain Attendance rating and be On TIme to work
- Use a RF scanner to accurately locate and move material for accurate tracking
- Actively participates and contributes to assigned work team
- Maintain productivity standard within operational area.
- Ability to perform duties in different areas of the warehouse floor, as needed
- Move material from trailers to staging area and ensure proper shipment of materials
- Maintain a safe working environment as a condition of employment
- Maintain attendance in accordance with scheduled work
- Perform other duties as assigned
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ensure group compliance with company, client, and governmental policies and regulations
Assist in keeping work area clean
Education Required / Preferred:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Reliable Transportation Required
Experience Required / Preferred:
- Experience loading high volume containers/trucks by hand is required.
- Experience in high volume warehouse preferred.
- Teamwork Environment experience REQUIRED.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail
- Able to stand and/or walk on concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Able to sit or stand on PIT for a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Develop and foster professional relationships and credibility.
- Contribute to positive morale within the team.
- Embrace diverse and global cultures
- Exhibit sharing information and retaining critical documentation.
To apply, please email your resume to: Michael.OConnor@blackhorsecarriers.com