Dock Workers – Full & Part-time Positions
BLACK HORSE CARRIERS, INC. has 2nd Shift opportunities for Dock Workers in JOLIET, IL!
Qualified candidates must be able to work in a team oriented environment and have the ability to react to diverse situations quickly, be responsive to learning at a fast pace with a high demand for accuracy and process compliance.
- $15.75/hourly and up
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time workers start time: 1 PM; Part-time workers start time: 5 PM
- Will physically handle freight - continuous lifting, bending, and reaching required
- Must be able to push, pull and pick up freight of up to 80lbs.
- Unload & accurately load trailers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Load and unload trucks in a time sensitive work environement
- Use a RF scanner to accurately locate and move material for accurate tracking
- Actively participates and contributes to assigned work team
- Maintain productivity standard within operational area.
- Ability to perform duties in different areas of the warehouse floor, as needed
- Move material from trailers to staging area and ensure proper shipment of materials
- Maintain a safe working environment as a condition of employment
- Maintain attendance in accordance with scheduled work
- Sit on PIT or stand for a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Effective communication ability
- Perform other duties as assigned
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure group compliance with company, client, and governmental policies and regulations
- Assist in keeping work area clean
Education Required / Preferred:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
Experience Required / Preferred:
- Experience loading high volume containers/trucks by hand is required.
- Experience in high volume warehouse preferred.
- Teamwork Environment experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail
- Able to stand and/or walk on concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Develop and foster professional relationships and credibility.
- Contribute to positive morale within the team.
- Embrace diverse and global cultures
- Exhibit sharing information and retaining critical documentation.
Black Horse Carriers, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
For more information or to schedule your interview please call or text: 815-729-3330
To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
- Call the Hiring Manager Today: 815-729-3330