< More Job Openings
Job Code: 2020-01-750-519
DISPATCHER – PM SHIFT
$17 and up/hour, based on experience
Black Horse Carriers, now the 13th largest Dedicated Fleet Provider in the U.S. offers you a place to call home, where you can grow professionally and be a part of something special. From Executive leadership on down throughout the company, we know the hard work of all our Employees is what fuels our success.
To coordinate customer delivery activities, directing company-employed truck drivers. The Dispatcher is responsible for a safe work environment for all Drivers. His/her goal is to obtain the highest possible level of customer satisfaction for all customers and add value to the services we perform for our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure compliance of the scheduling of drivers and vehicles on customer’s accounts.
Possess proficient computer usage skills.
Ability to utilize load entry software in a timely and accurate manner.
Manage the utilization of equipment at or away from the Terminal.
Manage the driver’s daily vehicle condition reports weekly.
Manage the driver’s hours of service compliance.
Manage the driver compliance in regards to Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations.
Maintain a good working relationship with peers and drivers.
Complete reporting for on-time performance of the carrier for the customer.
Field calls, emails, and in- of various nature from drivers, dock workers, and other terminals.
Field calls and emails from customers and investigate any issues presented in a timely manner.
Complete reporting of overnight issues for the regional team and keep management apprised of operational issues that arise.
• Maintaining employee records including driver’s logs, TMW information and payroll.
• Assisting Terminal Manager or Area Manager with start-up of new Terminals, if requested.
• Operational, safety and other needs assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three to five years experience in transportation and logistics management preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Solid organizational, analytical competencies that result in the ability to manage multiple projects and make sound decisions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
• Strong attention to detail.
Please contact James Mulroe (815) 325-1892
To apply, please email your resume to: James.Mulroe@blackhorsecarriers.com