< More Job Openings
Class A CDL Tractor-Trailer Driver
Job Code: 2020-01-240-199
Driver, Tractor Trailer
Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner. The driver provides customer service to the customer(s) in safe and legal transportation of their goods or materials. Loading and unloading of trailer may be required. Customer goods or materials should be loaded, unloaded and transported in a manner which safeguards the goods or materials from damage as well as maintains the integrity of the goods or materials so that it meets customer, shipper and consignee requirements.
Class A CDL Delivery Route Drivers
Black Horse Carriers is looking for reliable full-time drivers in the Jersey Village area of Houston.
$1,150/wk. minimum guarantee
Monday night - Saturday early am
Start time will be anywhere from 9 pm - 2 am once route is set.
Two consecutive days off
Static delivery routes with liftgate and touch freight
Black Horse Carriers offers comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance - multiple plans
Company paid life insurance
Driver referral bonus'
Quarterly and annual safety bonus' companywide
Driver of the Month & Driver of the Year by Terminal!
401K program with company match
Short and long term disability insurance available
Driver uniforms, jackets, safety gear, GO bags and much more!
To express interest, please complete the online application below or email: Mark.Leppert@blackhorsecarriers.com
Drivers must register with the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse if you have not already done so.
• Perform pre/post trip inspection to ensure equipment is safe and legal and submit reports indicating tractor and trailer condition
• Read and understand bill(s) of lading, schedule(s) and dispatch paperwork to include: required equipment, pickup and delivery locations and times, seal numbers and any shipper/consignee requirements
• Securement and protection of load to include: Chains/Binders, Load Bars/Straps, Thermal Blankets, Friction Mats, Thermal Barriers and any other load securement or protection materials and related techniques as required
• Safe, legal and efficient operation of a tractor-trailer combination on public roadways and private property
• Completion of any paperwork or logs required by applicable federal, state and local regulations and company policies
• Complete all tasks in an efficient manner and within timelines required by the company and customer • Loading cargo from multiple sectors within a facility and/or multiple locations and also delivering cargo to multiple sectors within a facility and/or multiple locations •Counting product and signing bills of lading when loading • Operate equipment, powered and manual, to assist in the loading and unloading of cargo
1. Not less than 23 years of age. 2. Minimum of 18 months verifiable Class "A" driving experience. 3. No DWI/DUI convictions for five (5) years from date of hire as appearing on Motor Vehicle Report. 4. No reckless driving citations for five (5) years from date of hire as appearing on Motor Vehicle Report and/or PSP. 5. No failed drug/alcohol tests as reported per DOT regulations. 6. Able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen. 7. No speeding ticket(s) for 15mph (aggressive driving) in the last three (3) years in a CMV. 8. No more than three (3) moving violations within the last three (3) years as appearing on Motor Vehicle Report or PSP. 9. No more than 10 points in severity for CSA violations within the last three (3) years in the Unsafe Basic.