< More Job Openings
Transportation Assistant Terminal Manager
Job Code: 2020-02-200-133
Assistant Terminal Manager
The Assistant Terminal Manager is responsible for a safe work environment for all of the Terminal’s employees. His/her goal is to obtain the highest possible level of customer satisfaction for all customers and add value to the services we perform for our customers. He/she will manage the employees of the Terminal in a fair and equitable manner.
Black Horse Carriers has an immediate need for an Assistant Terminal Manager in Tully, NY.
ASSISTANT TERMINAL MANAGER
FULL-TIME TRANSPORTATION POSITION
GREAT PAY & BENEFITS!!!
Please complete the online application below or email: Brian.Feher@blackhorsecarriers.com to express interest.
The purpose of this position is typically dedicated to an assigned area of responsibility within a terminal. The incumbent ensures that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver customer satisfaction. Individual will be working in a dynamic environment that focuses on delivering continuous measurable improvement to the customer.
• Hiring of drivers and office staff.
• Train drivers and employees of the terminal.
• Scheduling of drivers and vehicles on customer accounts.
• Manage the utilization of equipment at or away from the terminal.
• Maintain the resources of the terminal, including but not limited to office supplies, vehicle fuel and utilities.
• Document fuel reporting to the vehicle leasing companies and the Interstate vehicle state line crossings.
• 25% - Travel to other BHC terminals.
• Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations.
• Meet with the Terminal’s customers and vendors on a timely basis.
• Maintain relationships with the Terminal’s customers and vendors and review customer and vendor invoices for errors and omissions.
• Manage the profitability of the terminal.
• Develop processes and controls to monitor the safe and efficient operation of the terminal and its resources.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintaining employee records including driver’s logs, TMW information and payroll.
• Assisting Area Manager with start-up of new terminals if requested.
• Operational, safety and other needs may require the Terminal Managers to perform any and all other duties as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Five to seven years’ experience in transportation and logistics management preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Solid organizational, analytical competencies that result in the ability to manage multiple projects and make sound decisions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
• Strong attention to detail.