< More Job Openings
Director - Driver Recruiting
Job Code: 2019-00-100-304
Director, Driver Recruiting - Carol Stream, IL
Great Pay and Benefits
Black Horse Carriers is a privately held company rooted in rich history that goes back 100 years. We are focused on providing best in class Dedicated Fleet Services and Private Fleet Replacement Services for companies in the Food and Grocery, Retail, Bakery, Dairy, Consumer Product, Industrial and Automotive industries.
We have experienced tremendous growth and have a new, exciting opportunity for a Driver Recruiting Director. Position will be based out of Carol Stream, IL.
Director, Driver Recruiting
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Black Horse Carriers, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The director of recruiting will conduct full life cycle recruitment in sourcing the best talent for Black Horse Carriers, as well as maintaining effective programs for retention. He/she manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management (PM) and quality improvement (QI) programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives.
1. Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction. Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
2. Partner with hiring managers to facilitate the entire recruitment process, from opening a search through offer extension in recruiting full-time and part-time DOT and non-DOT employees.
3. Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
4. Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics.
5. Participate in organizational strategic planning and provide leadership for field recruiters.
6. Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
7. Ensure that organization-wide talent management is focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
8. Complete hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start.
9. Travel to hiring events and/or assist Terminal with hiring needs.
10. Develop appropriate marketing strategies, define roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and develop service-level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
11. Track recruiting metrics to understand what strategies are successful.
12. Work closely with the Human Resources Director to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
1. Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent.
2. Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or Logistics, preferred.
3. 10+ years of broad recruiting experience including talent management and working knowledge of DOT regulations.
4. Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
5. Excellent team management skills.
6. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credentials preferred.
To begin the application process please click the link below: