< More Job Openings
Assistant Terminal Managers
Assistant Terminal Manager - Dwight, IL
Two Positons Open:
WED – SAT, 8AM – 8PM
WED – SAT, 7PM – 7AM (CDL Preferred )
Black Horse Carriers is a privately held company rooted in rich history that goes back 100 years. We are focused on providing best in class Dedicated Fleet Services and Private Fleet Replacement Services for companies in the Food and Grocery, Retail, Bakery, Dairy, Consumer Product, Industrial and Automotive industries.
Black Horse Carriers, a Rapidly growing Third Party Logistics provider, is searching for an experienced Assistant Terminal Manger. Ideal candidate will have experience in Operations in one or more of the following disciplines; Dedicated Fleet, Cross Docking, Pool Distribution, and Warehousing. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must as well as the ability to work with other locations to accomplish specific goals. This person must be a proven leader and possess the ability to think on their feet and make sound decisions.
The Assistant Terminal Manager is responsible for a safe work environment for all Terminal’s employees. Their goal is to obtain the highest possible level of customer satisfaction for all customers and add value to the services we perform daily. He/she will manage the Terminal employees in a safe, fair and equitable manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Hiring of drivers and office staff.
• Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations.
• Train drivers and employees of the Terminal.
• Maintaining employee records including driver’s logs, TMW information and payroll.
• Scheduling of drivers and vehicles on customer accounts.
• Manage the utilization of equipment at or away from the Terminal.
• Document fuel reporting to the vehicle leasing companies and the Interstate vehicle state line crossings.
• Engage with Terminal’s customers and/or vendors on a timely basis.
• Review customer and vendor invoices for errors and omissions.
• Assisting Area Manager with start-up of new Terminals if requested. Travel 25% to other BHC terminals.
• Maintain the resources of the Terminal, including but not limited to office supplies, vehicle fuel and utilities.
• Manage the profitability of the Terminal.
• Develop processes and controls to monitor the safe and efficient operation of the Terminal and its resources.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree or equivalent
· Five years’ experience in transportation and logistics.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· Solid organizational, analytical competencies that result in the ability to manage multiple projects and make sound decisions.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to be flexible.
· Ability to self-motivate and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Two (2) years of supervisory/management experience working in Transportation
· Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations.
• Operation Supervisor, Office Administrator, Driver, Dock and/or Warehouse employees.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO JOBS@BLACKHORSECARRIERS.COM