< More Job Openings
Black Horse Carriers is a privately held company rooted in rich history that goes back 100 years. We are focused on providing best in class Dedicated Fleet Services and Private Fleet Replacement Services for companies in the Food and Grocery, Retail, Bakery, Dairy, Consumer Product, Industrial and Automotive industries.
We have experienced tremendous growth and have a new, exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant at our Corporate Headquarters in Carol Stream, IL
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM –5:00 PM
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The Jr. Accountant will also collect pertinent information for audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
EDUCATION – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Excel
SKILLS - Detail-Oriented, Organization, Strong customer service/interpersonal skills to interact with field staff and vendors on a regular basis, Written and Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office preferred;
Preferred Education and Experience
Great Plains Accounting System
Domestic Accounting System
This position reports to the Financial Controller, and does not have direct Report. The Staff Accountant interacts with Black Horse Carriers’ owners, managers, employees, and suppliers.
· Support month-end and year-end close processes
· Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
· Preparation and review of routine and non-routine journal entries
· Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts
· Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
· Prepare documentation for external auditors
· Acts as liaison for payable items between corporate and Terminals
· Researches and resolves payment discrepancies as necessary
· Assists with ad hoc reporting and analysis requests
· Assist with sales and use tax reporting
· Assists in monthly closings.
· Any other work as assigned.