< More Job Openings
Transportation Logistics Load Planner
Job Code: 2019-100-04
Logistics Route Engineer
BLACK HORSE CARRIERS, the 13th largest Dedicated Fleet Provider in the U.S., has A Full-Time opportunity at our Corporate headquarters in Carol Stream, IL for an experienced Transportation Logistics Load Planner.
Black Horse Carriers is a privately held company rooted in rich history that goes back 100 years. We are focused on providing best in class Dedicated Fleet Services and Private Fleet Replacement Services for companies in the Food and Grocery, Retail, Bakery, Dairy, Consumer Product, Industrial and Automotive industries.
Designs and analyzes routing solutions for projects such as transportation load planning and optimization, network modeling, process and methods analysis, cost containment, capacity enhancement, shipment optimization, and information management.
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM, except when on location.
The Transportation Logistics Load Planner reports to the Logistics Engineer Manager and works closely with Black Horse Carriers' senior executive staff and managers, as well as terminal employees, and valued customers.
· Work closely with stakeholders in development of transportation businesses
· Formulate route designs conducive to DOT Hour of Service rules, space, time and distance
· Create business cost saving measures while promoting continuous route efficiency
· Follow an agile software development methodology
· Approximately 5% travel may be required.
· Any other work as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills:·
Three (3) to five (5) years of logistics, transportation, and/or trucking industry
Some experience in automotive service parts logistics route optimization or other network modeling to optimize transportation solutions
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Experience in route designs and transportation/trucking operations.
Detail-Oriented, Organization, Strong customer service/interpersonal skills to interact with executive level members, field staff and customers on a regular basis, Microsoft Office, Written and Verbal Communication.
• Strong analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into functional requirements.
• Basic knowledge of transportation logistics software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of business stakeholders and executives.
• Self-Starter - Ability to work with business users, lead design sessions and generate work products independently without much direction from management
• Ability to work with and alongside both internal and external customers.
• Ability to conduct cross function meetings and presentations.
• Team player
The Transportation Logistics Route Engineer does not have any direct reports.
This position is located at the Corporate office. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. The ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not design to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your current resume to: email@example.com